Janice and I have exactly 75 days remaining before my last day of work and then the fun truly begins. Approximately 1 year ago, Janice hung several whiteboards on our bedroom wall listing the items left to do before heading out on our amazing adventure. For the last year, we have been checking off, adding, and contemplating the items on the board. In addition, we have a map that I tend to study while brushing my teeth.
Right now the plan is the following:
- Mid-November: Move from San Francisco back to Big Bear, California.
- Thanksgiving: Have a wonderful last holiday at home with friends and family in Big Bear.
- Late November: Janice and I will drive east across the United States to Palmetto, FL (where Livin’ Life currently resides).
- Early December: Arrive in FL and provision Livin’ Life for traveling from the west coast to the east coast of Florida. My parents are planning on joining us for this trip.
- Early January: Pick up Ms. Pat (mother-in-law) and Gizmo in Miami, then cast off for the Bahamas.
As everyone knows, plans ‘CAN’ change but so far everything is absolutely falling into place.
It is starting to get VERY REAL.