Dave and I intended to stay in Turks and Caicos for a few weeks. However, the first good weather window to go southeast in over a month presented itself and we decided we should take it. We are very late in the cruising season to be heading to Grenada. Everyone else is in the Virgins or beyond already. Our whole season is likely to be like this: continuing on whenever a weather window presents itself. This is the main reason we decided to extend our Caribbean adventures for another year. It is a great practice field for us as we continue to learn the boat and how to take care of it. We are going to be in the Dominican Republic nearly a month earlier than expected, though, so we are hoping to have some good play time there. The next weather window to go from DR to Puerto Rico is March 22 and we should probably take it. We will have to decide if we want to risk missing the only potential opportunity in weeks in order to stay and play. We really do want to spend some time exploring DR, but maybe we can at least move to the next port east, Samana Bay.
Meanwhile, we have made new friends and acquired another buddy boat. Greg from Mile High Dream unexpectedly and tragically found himself delayed in Turks and Caicos for four months. His wife passed away while they were snorkeling in T&C. He flew home to take care of her and celebrate her life with friends and family. Now he has returned to the boat with a couple guys (Dylan and Ted) to help him get it to Puerto Rico. Then, he will put it on the hard (dry dock it) and will need to decide what to do from there. After a mutual friend made us aware of his situation, we met up and decided to buddy boat together. We are glad to have his company and applaud his strength of character to return to the boat. We are three strong again with Why Knot IV as well.